Thursday 26 August 2010

Momentous times with the Lord

I have a selected, for your reading, one of the many things that the Lord has reminded me of this week at Momentum. 


Blessed are the poor in spirit, 
            for they shall inherit the Kingdom of heaven.  
   (Matthew 5)
                                        I have been overwhelmed by how helpless the state of our humanness is. One of the seminars I went to [actually the only seminar I went to ..] was on the Sermon on the Mount. The wonderful man who taught it was called Toby something and he explained that 'poor in spirit' means that we are people who understand our Poverty of spirit. That we Know and live in a position of understanding that we ourselves have nothing to offer. And that it is only when we Find Ourselves in Jesus that we are made rich. 
                              And yet still it is not a richness of my own [Phillipians 3] ... it is that I share with Christ in His own wealth and righteousness as He binds Himself to  me in this eternal Love covenant. this is amazing. and so transforms my sight of who I am and how I can approach God.


This truth Ruins my hope in affirming myself by religious behaviour.
                                       The concept of grace is directly opposite to the attitude of earning and instead of pharisaically guilt tripping me It liberates me to find joy and a fountain of spiritual wealth in my friend jesus as I walk deeper in the grace He has Literally embellished me in.
It motivates discipline out of Love.


Jesus, i'm so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment